Translate

Sunday, June 11, 2023

Thoughts: A Personal Note

 I've always prided myself on pushing through when times get hard, but this week has been really tough. I recently lost a very close family member and I feel like I haven't been present. I feel like I've just been going through the motions every day, sort of like a robot. I am reading and completing assignments but mentally I am checked out. 

I have due dates for reading and papers written in my planner and my wall calendar, yet, I panicked this weekend because I thought our community paper was due tonight. I cried because I thought I let the grief, which is perfectly normal, knock me off my stride. I am not a perfectionist, I never strive to be, however, I find it difficult to give myself grace. I need to constantly remind myself that it's okay to not do something today and put it off tomorrow.

I have not been very engaged with the discussions this week, but I did find time to comment on numerous blogs because that was a goal of mine. If I say I want to get something done, no matter what I am going through I will push through and make it happen. The blogs I've read and commented on were amazing! I'm enjoying our learning community. I finally found the time tonight to sit and read through the discussion board and participated. But I am hoping to find some strength this week to be more of an active participant in the discussions as I am on the blog and twitter.

5 comments:

  1. My condolences on your loss. We are here with you, and I just wanted to let you know that your genuine, courageous, and passionate spirit is one of the things I appreciate most in our blogging community. You got this dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww!! Thank you os much for the kind words. I try to stay true to myself even when things are hard.

      Delete
  2. Hey Double M - sending you lots of comfort during this sad time. It's okay to take a break and I hope you'll take advantage of the freebie tokens. You deserve time to process and be kind to yourself. It takes a lot of courage to share such heavy news, but thank you for trusting us with it. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts over the next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! This week have been much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Megan! I totally forgot about the tokens or I would've used one last week. I'll try to keep them in mind the next time I am having a rough time.

    ReplyDelete

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...