Translate

Friday, June 23, 2023

Make Over Time: Blog Edition

I changed my blog's layout and color scheme last week. But I will try something new this week since a badge is involved! 

If you visited my blog before today. The above image is what you would've seen. Since we were challenged to make something new this week, I explored the gadgets available to enhance my page. In the image above, I only had a basic layout and essential gadgets on the right. Nothing too fancy.

To make my blog more accessible and inclusive, I have made a few changes. Firstly, I have added a Translate gadget that enables readers to translate my content into any preferred language. I'm surprised I hadn't thought of this earlier, especially since my husband's first language is French. However, it's better late than never. Secondly, I have included a list of my most popular blog posts on the left side. This will help new visitors to find a suitable starting point for reading my content. As we all know, the most popular items get the most hits, which is why I usually start there too. Next, I have added our class blog feed on the right side. My aim was to provide convenience for anyone who wants to see the latest from Dr. V without having to navigate away from my blog. Finally, I changed the layout to something a little more subtle regarding the color scheme. I hope you all like it.

Check out the new look below, and let me know your thoughts :)



2 comments:

  1. I love it! It's much more personal, and it says some nice things about you: for instance, it says that you have a collective mindset as you promote the class blog and that you included inclusive gadgets so that non-English Natives (like me) can read your blog in their native language. This is something I realized in another post from one of our classmates this week: sharing thoughts and ideas in our Personal Network not only promotes knowledge sharing and our personal growth, but it also nurtures the community itself and encourages sustainable interactions with members of our intertwined networks. It might be obvious, but I was happy to be reminded that important aspect of our online life: making long-lasting connections in the virtual world is not only possible but also fulfilling.
    Thank you for sharing this revamped version of your blog with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you for your kind words Marion. I think often it's pretty easy to overlook the simple things that might aid others in accessibility. I'm glad we were challenged to give our blog a fresh look. It definitely helped me to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...