Translate

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Messi (The GOAT)




I considered writing about various topics, but I decided to focus on Lionel Messi. I'm not sure if everyone enjoys football, but tonight at 8:25pm on AppleTV, Messi will be officially introduced as an Inter Miami player. Did I need to sign up for the MLS Season Pass? Nope. But did I sign up? Absolutely. Since that is the only way to witness greatness. 

To provide some context, Messi and Ronaldo have been rivals for a long time. Fans from both sides often have disdain for each other, as is common in sports. Although Messi has won the most Ballon D'ors, which are voted on, Ronaldo's fans have claimed that the trophies don't matter. However, Messi has also won the most Golden Boot, which is awarded to the player who scores the most goals in a season. 

But the one trophy that Messi has finally won, which has silenced Ronaldo's fans, is the World Cup. He achieved this feat with his Argentina team in December 2022. Now, the GOAT (Greatest Of All Time) debate is settled, and Messi is on top. To enjoy his road to retirement, Messi has decided to join the MLS, specifically Inter Miami. His focus now is on family, having won every imaginable trophy in football. 

Let's welcome the greatest football player of all time, in my opinion, to the United States.

2 comments:

  1. I am only slightly familiar with this topic because my 9 year old nephew LOVES soccer and is a huge fan of Messi. It sounds like you also are a fan (lol). My nephew's birthday was last month and all he wanted was soccer gear - cleats, training equipment, you name it. I'm sure he'll be asking for game tickets now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!!! I am a fan of his, even though he's not my favorite player. I feel like what he's done for the game is unmatched at this point. Kudos to your nephew for him being his favorite. Messi is also my husband's favorite player.

    ReplyDelete

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...