Translate

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Tagging? It's Diigo thing!

 

Every week I learn something new, but that's a good thing! One of the articles I read this week was focused on Tagging, specifically within a website called Diigo. Simply put, diigo is a social bookmarking that allow users to bookmark and tag web pages. Now I've been an internet user since forever and I've never heard of diigo. Could it a result of not being in school for so long? 

Based on our reading this week, I see how a website like diigo can be beneficial in an academic setting. Being able to tag resources to write a paper, or if you're conducting research. This an app I wished we were introduced to in the first week of class. Also, this is a way I could potentially share articles about web 2.0 and how tools we bee introduced to can help to improve our design resources.

Have you hear of diigo before? Have you used it in any capacity?

3 comments:

  1. I had never heard of Diigo before. But group bookmarks is an interesting idea for an online class environment. Probably better to slowly get introduced to new tools than 100 on the first week of class right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha for sure! I appreciate the weekly tools but man they can are overwhelming.

      Delete
  2. I actually never heard of Diigo either before this class! I agree with Brett, like it is so interesting that we get to learn a lot of new platforms each week. I could not imagine if we got them all in week 1, but I guess the next question would be. Which ones get priority over others? I am trying to keep up with each new platform, but some slip away but I am finding time to revisit them.

    ReplyDelete

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...