Translate

Sunday, June 4, 2023

Context Collapse

Well I finally found the "name" that describe the reason I didn't want to integrate my personal twitter with this class: CONTEXT COLLAPSE!

Often times we create our own little social media bubble, using different websites or applications, but Twitter is the one for me. The way in which I engage with my network on Twitter I don't on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.


Twitter is where I interact with friends from high school, college and others I met online. Though some people know who I am, I don't have to see them in person on a daily basis. Most don't even have my phone number so they are regulated to just reaching me via the web. For some reason I feel like I can be my full authentic self on Twitter with NO judgement. Well, I should say if I am being judged I am not aware. 



Facebook is the app that is strictly for family. I post updated pictures of my daughter at times so everyone can see how much they growing. But if my content from my Twitter ever made it to Facebook I would just crumble and remove myself from the web all together. I think also because my family has this image of who I am, I would never want to alter that with my Twitter antics. Gots to keep it PG!


LinkedIn is a tricky one. I think this site has an unspoken, "professional interaction only," vibe that I rarely post here. I have the app so I'm a professional lurker, haha.. I do repost things at times and congratulate my network on promotions, job changes, etc. Outside of that though, I'm essentially not even there. 

How do you feel about context collapse? Me? The feeling is crippling just thinking about it. Maybe I will share my personal Twitter once I graduate from the program!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...