Translate

Sunday, July 23, 2023

World Cup 2023

Are you following the World Cup? I've noticed that the women's competition isn't getting the same amount of attention as the men's did last year. It's often said that people are not interested in women's sports, but I disagree. The truth is that women's sports are not given the same coverage or hype as men's sports.

I am curious about the factors that are taken into account when choosing host nations for the competition. The biggest issue currently is the airtime. The games are aired at inconvenient times such as 1 am EST, 3 am EST, 6 am EST or 9 pm EST. It's challenging to watch a 9 pm match until half-time on a weekday. Who wants to stay up late and be tired the next day? While I agree with giving hosting duties to different countries, it has been a struggle.

I believe viewership should not be the only factor considered when deciding whether to televise women's sports or make them more accessible. If women's sports are given equal hype and airtime, I am confident that viewership will increase. What do you think? Have you been following the World Cup? If so, how did you hear about it? Was it through a TV commercial, radio, or social media?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...