Translate

Friday, July 14, 2023

I'm Back!

I wondered how I would be affected by taking an entire week off from blogging; honestly, it was easier than I thought. This could be because I was away and having fun. I wanted so badly to take some time. Whatever the reason is, I am glad to be back.

Last week my girls and I traveled to Port St. Lucie, FL, to visit family for the holiday. Things were off to a great start. The girls got to meet cousins they'd never met before and catch up with the ones they had. On Thursday, things got crazy because the baby works up with a fever. We had no idea the source of the fever, so we just did the typical Tylenol and Motrin. But little did we know urgent care was on the horizon. We visited they tested for one thing; the result was negative, so we were sent home.

We traveled back home on Saturday with the baby still sick, and he was then admitted to our Pediatric ER for two days. Diagnosis? She was bitten by a microorganism (they don't know which) that caused a viral infection and a severe case of the viral exanthem. Nothing can prepare you for a sick baby. But my girl was barely hanging on as her body was fighting off fevers as high as 105 degrees, so I wanted to trade places with her at that moment. 

Fast forward to today, one week and one day after her ordeal began. She is back to tearing the house up. We are back taking our daily walks/sprints, as she doesn't know what walking means, haha. I'm so glad she is back to her usual self. I finally got my first whole night of sleep since last week, Tuesday, Wednesday night of this week.

How did you guys spend your time away? Share in the comments :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...