Translate

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Uncomfortably Vulnerable

I always marveled at the information that can found in the internet with a simple Google search. Now the same information can be obtained on Twitter. By simply posting a questions, users quickly provide an answer, most time based off their experience or them doing the research and providing a link. Where social media differ from Google is once a "controversial" tweet hit the stratus fair, it can be viewed and shared so many times and then the trolls will be all in your mentions. I've seen this happen to folks near and dear to me, also strangers that are contained within my online community. This is part of the reason my internet usage has been reduced to simply browsing or commenting and liking a post. 

Now, I enrolled in this class partially because I want to be empowered to post on the web without feeling as if my voice doesn't matter or that how I feel doesn't matter. I've always wanted to start a blog but had no idea where to start, where my topics would come from or how I would build an audience. Yet, I now have the opportunity to do so and I got so overwhelmed when I read the assignment. The idea that other people could potentially read and comment so me so anxious I wanted to drop the class. But there is growth when one becomes on uncomfortable and makes themselves vulnerable. So I am putting myself out there. 

I've created a Twitter account: @doublem_eme6414. Please follow me, even though I haven't posted anything as yet. This semester I am challenging myself to work through my vulnerability and create a blog that is not just focused on one topic, but one that users can relate various things that I write about. 

Welcome to my journey, I hope you all enjoy the ride. Just keep in mind that "I'm an artist so I'm sensitive about my stuff" - Erika Badu

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. Glad to have you here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Self-doubt

This semester has been the most challenging time for me, as I've had to put in a lot of effort to prove my capabilities. Juggling work, ...